Okay, obviously I am currently desiring nothing more but to go to NYC, but I have to say...I LOVE my job! It might just be what I'd miss most if I actually go... Let me share a few anecdotes to show exactly why I love my job.
Last week, I started making a (SWEET) space ship at the Lego table with one of the little girls, and this group of little boys sat near by watching. The next day, I walked by and one of the kids said, "Excuse me, Miss Grace, will you be on our Lego team?" I have never been asked to be on someone's Lego team, so of course I was overjoyed and graciously accepted! And when I said yes, the group of boys audibly cheered!
Another boy told me that nothing ever lasts, and I told him that was true. His friend tapped on my shoulder and said, "Excuse me, but love lasts."
One of my favorite little boys has actually partially restored my faith in people. There is always a lot of superhero talk out on the playground, which usually leads to me being chased by 4-year-olds pretending to be the Avengers. I brought in my brand-spankin'-new Star Wars lunchbox which I just bought (it's one of the old, vintage tin kind), and the kids were super jealous. Anyway, today, I asked one of the little boys who his favorite superhero is and he pointed at me. Once again: day. made. Then later, when we were sitting for lunch, he stared off into space instead of eating his lunch. When I asked him if he was hungry he said, "Yes. But I'm very busy right now. I'm thinking." A few minutes of silence passed by, and he said very thoughtfully, "The air is shaped like a balloon." It was too cute.
I've already started looking at nanny jobs and daycare jobs in NYC- I need some way to pay the rent! To give you an update, I'm currently looking into selling my car and selling the Norman Rockwell envelopes I made last night. My mom is still hard at work on her lollipops too! If anyone hasn't looked yet, go check out Pipsey Pops on Etsy! You can even ask for customized lollipops! That's all, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment