Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Future

I sat down the other day and took a good look at my future and my dreams, and basically what I'd like to do with my life. While I believe in living in the moment, this method of living has caused me to spend a disgusting amount of money on retail therapy when I could have saved that money for something useful. I made a list of things that are worth my money and came up with this:

  1. My education- college, graduate school, and whatever the heck I decide I want to do after (I kind of see myself going back to school a few different times so that I can have my bachelor's in multiple disciplines)
  2. My wedding-I started looking at dresses and locations after watching How I Met Your Mother and seeing Lily and Marshall getting married and realized that I might need to actually save up my money for some of these things...especially if I plan to get married at Duns Castle or Chatsworth House (Mr. Darcy's estate!)
  3. My Honeymoon...
  4. A house (: or an apartment, or really just anywhere to live...it could be a hut, who knows.
  5. Children- having a baby is expensive, yo.
  6. Travel- around the world, just to Germany or Russia or Italy...or all 3!

After I made this list, I made jars for the four things I felt were most important out of the six. For each jar, I designated a type of coin so that if I have spare change, I know exactly where to put it!


Anyway, I sat down and decided that first and foremost, I'd like to major in acting and psychology. Then I looked at journalism, becoming a teacher of professor, becoming a screenwriter, working for Pixar and becoming a Rhodes Scholar. I had come up with a pretty nice plan when all of a sudden, I got a phone call from the director at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. And I was accepted. I didn't find my application or audition noteworthy because quite frankly I didn't expect to get in. So, now...I have this entirely new prospect looming over me. And here I thought I'd planned everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment