Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grace is Gone

I'm listening to Grace is Gone by Dave Matthews Band and I'm wondering if anyone else is listening, too. I'm about to really be gone, gone for good. And packing up to be gone for good can be a somewhat (or rather, EXTREMELY) daunting task. There are some things I'm still using, or never used, or need to return, or need to give one last go before being put away. For example, Coco and I just had  to use my Alice and Wonderland tea set one last time before I started packing. Coco is quite a good guest to have to tea, I'd say second only to the Queen of England herself. It will be difficult finding a new tea guest in New York to measure up to her.

Aside from that, I really don't have a fit mind for packing. Not at the moment, at least. I have at least 18 tabs constantly up on my Internet window (yes, I know. It's going to slow down my computer, blah blah blah) and I feel that is the best literal representation for my thoughts at the moment. I have so many of them, and I'm trying to sort through things, but it's driving me crazy! At times, I feel the best way to mend this is to just keep working through it and cross things off my to-do list, and other times I feel it's best to just sit back and watch (insert t.v. I've been marathoning here) while knitting, learning how to solve the Rubik's cube or another equally handsy project.
 These are things I've piled on to my bed to pack up. Clothes and a Madame Alexander Cinderella doll. Yeah.

 Oh, and this is a fabulous, ancient dress. It's old and grey, and lovely. Where else could I wear this but New York?


 These are things I need to return to people. They are not mine, and I don't need to keep anything that's not mine when I leave. The debt-free relationship rule doesn't just have to do with paying back student loans.
 This is my office, mid-pack-adventure. It's a mess.
 My mom bought me this skirt. In fact, I'm probably one of the last 18-year-olds whose mother still buys most of her clothes. But if your mother was buying marvelous things like this, wouldn't you be pleased?

An old friend and a gift from a good friend.
 I like my friends, although I once again realized today that I think I like my old teachers more than most (not all, just most) of my friends.
Opera glasses and a vintage curling iron. What could be more fantastic?













Another development? I've decided what I'll do after my two years of acting immersion. I'll obviously try to pursue acting as a career, but I will be simultaneously obtaining a double major in bioengineering and psychology; I will experiment with stem cells as well as study the effects on the mind and quality of life. Then I'll get my PhD. I envision leaving the lab early one day to accept an Oscar. It's just what I envision, the details are subject to vary slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment